Re: Any good application to identify and then query the CDDB servers?

On 24Jul2007 02:04, Rogue <roguexz@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
| I am trying to look for an application that will help me get the CDDB id
| of a disc, and subsequently search the CDDB servers for the same.
|
| I have a CD that does not seem to have its data available on the CDDB
| servers, so I was hoping at extracting the CD ids and then trying to see
| if I could search for the information elsewhere.

I wrote my own.

Here's a perl module that does stuff with CDs:

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/lib/cs/CDDB.pm

These scripts use it directly:

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/cdtoc
  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/cddiscinfo

and this shell script:

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/cdsubmit

uses cddiscinfo to help construct a new submission to freedb.

This script:

  http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/bin/cdrip

is what I use to rip a CD, and it uses cdtoc for the table of contents
info.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <cs@xxxxxxxxxx> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Misfeasance, malfeasance, nonfeasance, and mopery with intent to gawk.
        - Mike Royko