Re: Need help with F7 install--just to get the boot DVD to work

Aldo Foot wrote:

On 7/23/07, *Gilbert Sebenste* <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    Hello all,

    If anyone has any expertise on this, I'd greatly appreciate some
    answers.

    I'm about to blast away FC5 and do an install of FC7 (backing everything
    up first, of course). I downloaded nd then burned the F7 ISO to a DVD
    using RecordNow! Plus under Windows XP SP2 (it was the most
    convenient way
    to do this, sorry). Well, the ISO is on there and looks fine. But when I
    tested it this morning on a machine I need to upgrade, it skips
    right by
    the DVD and boots into FC5. The DVD player is a "DVD multi player", and
    "RW combo(tm)" drive. I am wondering:

    1. My PC is 3 years old. Can it handle an ISO from DVD?
    2. I burnt it as a data disc, just like I did the FC5 disks. Why
    isn't the
    OS loading from the DVD? AM I missing something?

    Second, let's assume that, for whatever reason, I can't use a DVD. What
    are my options to boot from a CD?

    Thanks for any help!

    Gilbert

CD/DVD writing help here.

http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialCDBurn.html

~Aldo

I think you did what I did once. It is easy to put the file fc7.iso ON the DVD rather than MAKE a DVD with it. Put your DVD in your FC5 and see what it has....hi

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User