Re: Emacs 22.1 Tramp issue

On 7/22/07, Tony Nelson <tonynelson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

One expected oddity of sshfs is that if users and groups don't match, the
names displayed by "ls -l" will be nonsense.

Another oddity is that inodes are assigned as files are encountered.  The
SFTP protocol doesn't provide the inode number, so sshfs invents them as
needed.  Thus, each time a remote directory is mounted, inode numbers
depend on the order that files are used.  Hard links in the remote
directory can't be respected.  "du" doesn't give correct results.

If I think of it as a more convenient sftp then it's fine.

Given that one can create/edit remote files and use them without
downloading them  (one can even watch movies from an sshfs-mounted
fs), I think  it's rather more than that. It's much closer to nfs than
to sftp.

Andras