Re: Need help with F7 install--just to get the boot DVD to work

On Mon, 23 Jul 2007 11:17:02 -0500 (CDT)
Gilbert Sebenste <sebenste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> 1. My PC is 3 years old. Can it handle an ISO from DVD?

You should have a bios setting that says something along the line of "boot
order".  Set that to use the DVD drive as the first boot device.

> 2. I burnt it as a data disc, just like I did the FC5 disks. Why isn't the
> OS loading from the DVD? AM I missing something?

Look at your DVD and see if you see a long list of files, or just one single
ISO file on it.

If it's one single ISO you did it wrong and that's the problem.  You must burn
it as an image, not as a plain data disk.