Re: Kernel panic after updating to 2.6.22.1-27.fc7 kernel

Antti J. Huhtala wrote:

You might try uninstalling the kernel that fails to boot and then re-installing it. On rare occasions I have had kernels install poorly but would install correctly on the second install. I believe my problem was due to mkinitrd being updated after the kernel in the past. When I erased the failed kernel and then installed it again, everything was n place for the kernel to install correctly.

As some stated earlier, if your system has a kernel that does not work correctly and you are booted into the previous working kernel, the kernel that you are using will stay intact. The busted kernel will be replaced with the newer kernel when it is available.

Jim

BR, Antti