Re: Palm T|X on Fedora 7 and other devices (Sony Clié)

Like everyone else, I ran into problems, but surprise, I have a
partial solution.

Here is what I did,
I logged to root.
I started jpilot
I prepared a sudo chmod 066 /dev/ttyUSB*
I clicked on the hotsync pad on my CLIÉ device
I released the sudo chmod 0666 /dev/ttyUSB*
I then clicked on hotsync on the jpilot gui

And it worked from root

Since it does not work from a regular user, the problem may be the
port settings.  I think it is a Selinux problem that blocks the port
from jpilot. There were several selinux updates since the May 31st
release of fc7

I have a backup of my Sony.

Next test is sudo jpilot from the command line

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=188269&topic_id=41137&forum=10#forumpost188269
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and/or blame lsatenstein@xxxxxxxxxx