Re: Mystery of chroot

on 7/22/2007 6:16 PM, Les wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-07-22 at 13:06 -0700, David Boles wrote:
>> on 7/22/2007 12:46 PM, Felix Miata wrote:
>>> On 2007/07/22 11:28 (GMT-0500) Mikkel L. Ellertson apparently typed:

>>> Doz needs reinstalling far more often than Linux, so better to understand
>>> how to make the problem of installing doz after Linux a non-issue. If you
>>> use a cross-platform partitioning tool, geometry differences according to
>>> what's booted shouldn't be an issue.
>>> http://mrmazda.no-ip.com/install-doz-after.html
>>
>> Doz? Windows or misspelled Dos?
>>
>> As for Windows "needs reinstalling far more often than Linux"? Maybe for
>> some. I installed XP PRO in early 2002, it is needed for work, and the
>> only time I have had to reinstall was last spring when my hard drive
>> failed and I replaced it. I would not say two times in six years is often.
>>
> I have not known anyone else with that luck.  Is your computer made of
> wood, so you knock on it several times a week?

Ain't luck friend. It's skill and knowledge. I don't bittorrent pirated
mp3s, or DVD movies, or p0rn, or games, or screensavers. or Hmm... the
latest Quicken release. I don't visit p0rn sites. I don't blindly click on
links in emails. I don't blindly click on 'clear here for free stuff'
links. I have a firewall, two actually, and, most importantly, I just
don't do stupid things.

I am not a tech. Computers are a hobby and a tool. My first computer was
before DOS in 1981. My first DOS as an XT clone in, I think '86. I first
saw Windows on an AT. All the way to today. I have never had a worm. I
have never had a Trojan program. I have never had a virus. Ever.

I forget when I started fooling around with Linux exactly. Somewhere
around Redhat 5.2 I think.

Oh. And be sure to spray your HD with bug killer after you read this. I am
currently running an estimating program, a cybernation program, and
another one whose name escapes me at the moment. There is no Linux way to
do this in any way, shape, or form. And, I almost forgot, working on a
report on the home server in Orlando from here.

So you need to go look for the bug spray right away.  ;-)
--

  David