Re: switch from Matrox G450 to GeForce 6200/6200TC

Francois wrote:
Hello,

I plan to change the graphic card I've run for years now, which is a Matrox G450 Dual Head (I don't use that feature though), to a GeForce 6200/6200TC from Twintech Graphics (6200 AGP, 256Mo DVI+TV DDR2)

What do I have to do to be sure I won't have any problem with that switch ?
Do I have to backup something first ? to download a driver (rpm but which one) ? to install something before the switch ? Do I have to keep installed both graphic cards into the computer at least at the beginning ?
I run Fedora Core 6.
Thank you in advance. Francois

I have never done this but today the Fedora kernels have just about every graphic card known in them. But yours sounds a bit special so there may be a problem. The way to do it will be to open the computer while it is turned off, remove your current card and put in the new card and boot your FC6.

With any luck it will work fine and your done. If not you can fall back to your old card.

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User