Re: 2 Subnets on 1 Lan

I think all the devices are turned off for the moment. I've been
testing things remotely today since I'm working my other job and have
some time to tinker and I can't seem to communicate with them.

I think I have the vpn working properly and I can ping the server and
the server can ping my laptop.

On 7/21/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thom Paine wrote:
> I didn't see anything in there concerning a vpn and the hardwired
> devices on a network.

Addresses and netmasks work the same regardless of the devices.  With
overlaid subnets you need to pretend they are on separate wires and go
through a router to reach things outside of your own netmask - and the
router needs to have addresses on both networks.  I missed how the vpn
was set up, but the easy approach would be to run it on the same device
that is configured to route between the overlaid subnets.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx