Re: ntfs-3g

On Fri, 2007-07-20 at 15:38 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
> Kevin J. Cummings wrote:
> > Karl Larsen wrote:
> >
> >> I watched it and said Y and saw it load a devel file. I am not blind nor
> >> stupid.
> >>

> > Karl there are those of here who are starting to wonder....  Why don't
> > you listen to what you are told by those who know.  I know this is a
> > "users" list, but when a developer tells you something, please listen.
> > If you don't understand, read it again!  What you saw was not what you
> > thought you saw.  You remember what you want to remember.
> >
> > If you don't believe me, do the following:
> >
> > Look at your yum.log and see when you installed the various ntfs-3g
> > packages.  I'll bet that ntfs-3g got install when you weren't looking.
> >
> > You can also list the packages to see which one contain the executable
> > files necessary to actually mount an ntfs filesystem, and which ones
> > contain the header files for development work.  Just like Rahul tried to
> > tell you!  Sheesh!
> >

> >> Karl
> >>

>     Well idiot children, this is from /var/log/yum.log:
>
> Jul 18 18:57:02 Installed: t1lib.i386 5.1.0-9.fc7
> Jul 18 18:57:17 Installed: pdfedit.i386 0.3.1-1.fc7
> Jul 20 13:41:56 Installed: ntfs-3g-devel.i386 2:1.516-1.fc7
> [root@k5di log]#
>
> I got that with yum install *ntfs-3g* and it DOES make my mount ntfs
> work for the first time ever. You smart asses assume I am wrong and I am
> NOT!
>
> Lay off calling me stupid. Look at your self in a mirror :-)
>
> Karl

That is because ntfs-3g had been installed previosuly. Please don't get
involved in the name calling.

There are three reasons for becoming a writer: the first is that you
need the money; the second that you have something to say that you think
the world should know; the third is that you can't think what to do with
the long winter evenings. -- Quentin Crisp