Re: Wireless

On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 08:40:32AM -0400, Herbert Taylor wrote:
> I have another question.  I have been trying to use the wireless on my
> Dell laptop but with no success.  I can use the wireless on Windows
> without any problems.  I am using the Kwifimanager.  I also used Linksys
> WUSB54G in Florida last year on windows but unable to pick it up on
> Linux. I also can pick up all kinds of networks on Windows with the
> Broadcom card in the Dell but no luck on the Linux side.  Any sugestions?

Please see this thread:

	http://www.redhat.com/archives/rhl-list/2007-July/msg02069.html

Do try to use the 4.x firmware with the bcm43xx-mac80211 driver
first.  If that fails, then try running the updated version of the
bcm43xx-old-config (included at the bottom of the link above).

John
--
John W. Linville
linville@xxxxxxxxxx