Re: Helix

> On Friday July 20 2007 7:08:42 am Karl Larsen wrote:
>>     Now I want to get the Fedora CD image and see how it compares with
>> Helix. I am right now wondering how much better Helix is than the simple
>> rescue mode on the F7 DVD? I think the answer is that Helix has some
>> binaries that begin XP this and that and have .exe extentions.
>>
>>     Helix works and it needs an expert to run it.
>>
>> Karl

How do you compare a tool designed to let you get a Fedora system
booting again from problems like the MBR being overwritten or a bad
fstab entry with a tool "dedicated strictly for incident response
and forensics."  They are tools designed to do different jobs.

Or to put it in terms an EE would understand, it is like comparing a
screwdriver with a butter knife. Do you compare how well each drives
a screw, spreads butter on bred, or pries open a stuck window?

Mikkel