Re: Default application for clicking on a desktop symbol in F7

Mark Knoop wrote:
Joachim Backes wrote:
Hi,

howto change the default application if I click on files on the GNOME
desktop? For example call acroread instead of kpdf when clicking on a
pdf file symbol. I modified /usr/share/applications/defaults.list, but
this did not help.

Ckecking the forums did not help too.

Right-click a pdf and choose 'Open With Other Application...' then
choose which program you would like to use.
Does that become permanent default for that type of files ? It doesn't seem to on my machine, it just gets added to the list of possibilities.

DaveT.