Re: yum install vmware-server

WipeOut wrote:
Dario Lesca wrote:
On f7 "yum install vmware-server" say "nothing to do".

On Ubuntu "apt-get install vmware-server" install and setup all of I
have need.

It's possible in F7 (or F8) resolve this problem? or I must change
distro?

Many thanks.

I have tested the on available from the Ubuntu repository and is has a bug... It will only work if you want to run the management console on the local server which means you have to have a X installed.. To be able to run the management console remotely you have to fiddle with the PAM modules on the server so you can authenticate..

You should be able to 'ssh -Y' into the server from another machine running X and then start the vmware console with the window opening back on your desktop. That only requires X libraries on the server.

All seemed like hard work so I just used the RPM version from VMware on CentOS 5 and it was plain sailing..

That's an even better approach.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx