Re: A new use for Linux

There are also linux distros like Helix which are designed to
facilitate file recovery.  They give you a lot of tools to do
different mount options and basically allow you to search files on the
disk, copy whatever files you want to another part of the filesystem,
then save them whereever including external usb devices.

Marc

On 7/19/07, alan <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, Aaron Konstam wrote:

> My brother-in-law uses Windows XP and his system crashed making his
> Documents unavailable. He saw how expensive disk recovery could be when
> a local Linux user volunteered to recover the documents for him.
>
> Now here is a whole new use for Linux and there is money in it
> somewhere.

Not that new.  I have used a Ubintu disc and a USB drive to recover
Windows files in the past.  Not that difficult.  Works great.  (There are
also Linux distros for breaking passwords on Windows boxes.)

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct