Re: yum install vmware-server

On 7/19/07, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mikkel L. Ellertson wrote:
> Andrew Kelly wrote:
>> Hmm, I must not have been paying attention. Is vmware now available at
>> no charge?
>>
>> Andy
>>
> The "player" and "server" are. They will run pre-built OS images.
>
> http://www.vmware.com/products/free_virtualization.html

"server" is also capable of creating/installing new virtual machines.

Indeed. And I _think_ that even the player can be used as a
full-fledged vmware-workstation with a little help from some websites
that can generate the necessary .vmx files for you.

But then I never really understood the difference between
vmware-server and vmware-workstation.

Andras