Re: FC4, FC6, F7 what works, and don't

Eric Wood wrote:
Karl Larsen wrote:
......when I tried to ./configure it would not find fftw. I had to get
the tar ball....
Whoa, stop right there.  If you're missing something at least do an
attempt to finding a srpm of the package you need. Google for "fftw
srpm".  I came up with
http://dries.ulyssis.org/rpm/packages/fftw3/info.html

I'd try grabbing the
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/dries.ulyssis.org/fedora/fc6/i386/SRPMS.dries/fftw3-3.1.1-1.fc6.rf.src.rpm
package install it and build your one rpm like so:

# wget
http://ftp.belnet.be/packages/dries.ulyssis.org/fedora/fc6/i386/SRPMS.dries/fftw3-3.1.1-1.fc6.rf.src.rpm
# rpm -Uvh fftw3-3.1.1-1.fc6.rf.src.rpm
# cd /usr/src/redhat/SPECS
# rpmbuild -bb fftw3
# cd ../RPMS  (if the build goes correcting (writing rpm....))
# rpm -Uvh ffw3* --test  (hopefully this thing build the -devel rpm
simultaneously too).

FC6 source rpms should be very close to FC7 standards so there should be
to many other dependancies to settle.  Yum can take care of most of
those though....

-eric wood

Hi Eric, we found we can just yum fftw as long as I remeber to yum the fftw-devel as well.

Karl