Re: PHP pound sterling problem

On Wed, 2007-07-18 at 13:47 -0600, Charles Curley wrote:
> You should probably replace the pound sterling character with its XML
> character entity. You should do this for any non 7 bit displayable
> ASCII character. And make sure you declare your character set
> correctly. See the Character Map program under Applications ->
> Accessories.

There really is no need to use entities for everything that's not part
of ASCII in this day and age.  Using the right character and declaring
the correct encoding is all that's required.

For the sake of simplicity, make sure everything is using the same
encoding (set your locale properly, likewise for applications).

--
[tim@bigblack ~]$ uname -ipr
2.6.21-1.3228.fc7 i686 i386

I read messages from the public lists.