Re: 2.6.22 kernel and WiFi

Sam Varshavchik wrote:
> Mark Haney writes:
>
>> Sam Varshavchik wrote:
>>>
>>> I've done my homework, and use hardware that's supported by native Linux
>>> drivers (Centrino). Since there has not been a .22 kernel errata update
>>> for F7, yet, I haven't yet installed it, but, I have no reasons to
>>> expect any problems with wireless, when I do.
>>>
>>> Such are the benefits of using Linux drivers with Linux, instead of
>>> Windows drivers with Linux.
>>>

>> You know, replies like this really irritate me. Not only do they not
>> answer the question, you get a nice little 'lecture' on 'linux for
>> linux'.  Let me see if I can set things straight.  I had NO CHOICE in
>> laptops.  I got what I was given by the company.
>
> Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
>
> Let me get this straight:
>
> 1) Your company gave you a laptop, presumably preconfigured with MS
> Windows.

Nope.  It had no OS.

> 2) You wiped your company's laptop, and installed Linux on it.

No I installed 3 different OS's Suse, Fedora and Gentoo.

> Count yourself lucky that your only problem is busted wireless. If you
> were employed by my company, your ass would be sooooooo fired.

Um, my company, being a bunch of geeks actually ENCOURAGE us to test new
stuff.  And the wireless isn't busted.  Since you apparently don't
bother reading the entire thread, I'll say it slowly.
It...works...but...will...it...work...with....2.6.22?

>>                                            I CHOSE to run linux
>> on it since I detest windows and refuse to buy tools when open source
>> options are better.  Therefore I was unable to do any 'homework'.
>
> Did you also "choose" to do something this dumb all by yourself, or did
> someone tell you to do it?

This dumb?  My friend, I've been running linux since Slackware 3.  I
know what I'm doing with it.  For years, I've been on the RH and Fedora
mailing lists since I prefer those OS's (because I live in NC and have a
loyal streak in me.) and until recently been very happy with the Fedora
community.  As I said, your first post irritated me.  It was not helpful
in any sense of the word, and even with bandwidth becoming more of a
commodity, if it's not helpful, don't bloody waste our time with it.

--
Recedite, plebes! Gero rem imperialem!

Mark Haney
Sr. Systems Administrator
ERC Broadband
(828) 350-2415

Call (866) ERC-7110 for after hours support