Gnome-Terminal Maximized on start

I have a shortcut/icon for gnome-terminal on my task bar.  When it
starts (and I am sure it does same thing starting it from the menu), it
is minimized and I have to maximize it all the time.  Is there a command
or option I can add to the properties of the icon to make it start
maximized? (gnome-terminal is the binary name to start it)

Thanks ahead of time,

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY