Re: Tons of noob FC7 Questions!

On 17/07/07, Mikkel L. Ellertson <mikkel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
David Frascone wrote:

> I'm most recently a Ubuntu user, who recently switched to FC7.  But, I
> have some questions that I can't seem to find answers too:
>
> 1) How do I automagically add modules?  I need to modprobe uinput to get
> my fingerprint reader working.  Right now, I'm doing it in rc.local.
> But, I assume there is a better way to do it, ala /etc/modules in debian
> distros.
You can ether use /etc/modprobe.conf or create a file in /etc/modprobe.d

Or drop a script with its name ending in .modules into
/etc/sysconfig/modules there may be a udev-stw.modules
there already you can have a look at, but for a simpler
example I have sony-laptop.modules:
#!/bin/sh
       modprobe sony-laptop >/dev/null 2>&1

--