Re: Fedora 7 DVD

On Mon, 2007-07-16 at 08:04 -0400, Michael Smith wrote:
> I've mounted the ISO and created a symlink to the root directory of my
> htdocs - I have read that SELinux would have a problem unless I
> "setenforce 0", but I am serving this off of a SUSE 10.2 box.

SELinux affects the system you're running from, disallowing certain file
accesses.  If you had issues with it, you can disable SELinux protection
of the HTTP server, without disabling it system-wide.  You might have to
do that, unless you mount the disc with appropriate HTTP serving SELinux
contexts applied.  Without proper contexts, the files can't be served
out over HTTP.  This is a SELinux issue, whether it's Fedora or SUSE,
but I have no experience in configuring it on SUSE.

And rather than symlinking, which brings its own issues with webserving,
I'd mount the disc on the /var/www/html directory as its mount point.
Or onto a subdirectory if you have other things in /var/www/html that
you want to serve.

 important to the thread.)

I read messages from the public lists.