Re: Distro hopping again: freespire

On 16/07/07, Claude Jones <claude_jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon July 16 2007, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> Thanks, Claude. My main problem is MMS streams. For my university
> lectures, I need full MMS stream support. That means not downloading
> the full stream, but watching it online, including FF, rewind, pause,
> slow/fast play, etc. Until now I've been watching them in VMWare
> running XP. I hate WMP, but I cannot get mPlayer to play these
> streams, not even in the VM on Windows.

OK - got it. I don't think you're going to have much better luck with
Freespire on that front, but good luck.

Neither do I, but they apparently paid to use some of the Windows
Media technology. Maybe this got included somehow. I'll ask on their
lists once I install.

Thanks.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/