Re: Problem to ping Linux server

Wojciech Komornicki wrote:
I am migrating a server from old Digital UNIX to a Linux box running
Fedora 5.  I have most everything configured except that procmail
complains about not being able to write to various directories.  I am
running procmail 3.22 and I have read about all the security.  Here are
the permissions on /usr/bin/procmail
       -rwsr-xr-x 1 root mail 69977 Jul 14 13:11 procmail

Has anyone else had this problem and found a fix?

--
Wojciech Komornicki

With the permissions of procmail if root is using it there is no place it can not reach. If something with mail is using it it can only go places mail has permission. I am interested in why your using procmail. It was many years ago I used procmail with pine as my email system and procmail put things in the proper bins.

Going from some old Unix I would start with a new load of Fedora 5 and then backup the things you need to save to that.

Karl