Re: Distro hopping again: freespire

Dotan Cohen wrote:
On 15/07/07, Konstantin Svist <fry.kun@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I've never tried Freespire, but want to mention that I'm running FC6 on
the same exact hardware perfectly well. There are some quirks, but
they're linux specific (e.g. poor support for dual screen) - all in all,
it's pretty good...

Thanks, Konstantin, stand by next week, when I switch back to Fedora,
about the graphics card! Other than that, I'd say that Fedora 6 was
the best distro that I've used since Fedora 3, with only the X1400
giving me trouble.

But, one has to play the field a bit, to know what else is out there,
in order to really appreciate his 'home choice'. And I always come
back to Fedora.

Neat! Can't wait to hear what it's like :)

By the way, to get the x1400 working, all you need to do is "yum --enablerepo=livna install kmod-fglrx" and then adjust /etc/X11/xorg.conf (by hand or using the ati utility) It's pretty stable in this case (suspend/hibernate both work, 3D acceleration works..)