Re: fedora 7 install problem

Simon Tierney wrote:
I have installed onto an opteron system with an old matrox millenium card but when first time boot started it requested me to click on an area of the screen (bottom right) which was not displayed, and when I mooved the mouse toward it, the system froze.

So I swapped in a 3Dlabs Oxygen card in case the Matrox was underpowered, but now it cannot start X and hangs with a little orange icon at the top left corner of a blank screen!

I tried to re-install but had the same problem again, the DVD ISO passed the test.

The motherboard (Tyan Thunder) has PCI-Express slots, can anyone suggest a solution or recommend a PCI-Express video card or chipset compatible to Fedora &?

You may have your graphic terminal in a bad mode. Try entering Alt_Cntl_+ (maybe multiple times) and see if the mode changes. If not you can install in text mode, although as I recall some optional stuff is available, don't remember what.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen@xxxxxxx>