Re: Suspending to swap with two OS's

On 14/07/07, Sam Varshavchik <mrsam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Dotan Cohen writes:

> sda1 is Ubuntu, sda2 is empty, sda3 is swap, and sda4 is /home. I'd
> like to install Fedora to sda2 and use sda3 as swap for Fedora as
> well. However, I'm concerned that when Ubuntu suspends it will dump
> it's memory to swap, which Fedora will overwrite when I boot Fedora
> (and vice versa). Is this a valid concern? Should I give each OS it's
> own swap?

Yes, it's a valid concern, and that's exactly what will happen, if you
configure this partition as a swap partition, in Fedora.

Thanks. As I'm running out of disk space in /home, I'd rather not
create another swap partition. Is it true that a swap file on the same
disk as the file system performs as well as a swap partition? This
machine has 2 GB of physical memory.

Dotan Cohen

http://lyricslist.com/
http://what-is-what.com/