Re: [OT] DNS & DHCP on a router

Itamar Reis Peixoto wrote:
linksys wrt54g runs linux, there are alot of distros compatibles, I like dd-wrt

you can install a flash memory to work as hard drive /storage

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/SD/MMC_mod

there are more than 700 packages to run in wrt54g/dd-wrt , including proftpd, apache and asterisk, you can use your dd-wrt as transfer area for your files

http://ipkg.nslu2-linux.org/feeds/optware/ddwrt/cross/stable/

you can replace your wrt54g with a super power external  antenna.

take a look on a example running with default antennas

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xNFg8l5tjDI

Can you do this with your d-link ?

That was not my point. Can you solve the resolve problem with WRT54GL running linux? In that case I wouldn't mind swapping my non-linux WRT54G with WRT54GL. As it stands now I don't need all the goodies that dd-wrt provides. Vanilla WRT54G does a good job for me :-)

--
Ciao, Erik.