Re: Can Linux beat XP in homes yet or NOT?

Well, it already did in this home.  Two years ago Fedora performed only server duties.  As of a week ago, there remains only two workatations out a total of 8 machines (4 workstations and 4 servers) running M$ Windows.

I rejoice as each falls to Linux, one by one.  I don't "fix" Windows problems anymore.  At least not in the traditional sense of the word.  I now fix Windows by replacing it with Linux.  Easier, quicker, better - a true no-brainer.

One of my daughter's laptops (current HP Pavilion 9000) was last week's candidate for Windows "repair" after the sound suddenly stopped working for no apparent reason.  Typical.  It could have been upgraded to FC7 by anyone.  Basic workstation install, took all of a half hour, most of which was unattended.  Everything worked, no problems, kid loved the new games.

Answer:  If you don't already know the answer you should wake up and smell the Linux.