Re: two kernels?

When Fedora upgrades the kernel, it leaves the last two versions behind, in case you need to roll back (i.e. in case the new kernel malfunctions) You can remove the older one if you really want to, but it'll eventually go away on its own

Mike - EMAIL IGNORED wrote:
After I installed FC7, and ran yum update,
I ran rpm -q kernel and found that I have
two kernels.  I also saw this in the boot
configuration.  Why is this?  Can I delete
the older one?

Thanks,
Mike.