Re: Can Linux beat XP in homes yet or NOT?

Bruno Wolff III írta:
On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 19:16:33 +0600,
  Mustafa Qasim <alajal@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Salam!
          I want to ask all you folks there that we can see the current
advancements in Fedora and Ubunto distros. They've came onto screen as an OS
not only for server's operated by GEEKS but also a much secure and user
friendly OS for home users but still a large amount of our home user's are
still stick with XP(especially here in Pakistan) . Do we need to create
awareness at root grass level? Is it due to the Installation,configuring
softwares and migrating data or other smiler issues that are the giant
hurdle for home users? A XP user is still satisfied with
Spyware,Trojan,dialer,virus an many other attacks but he didn't dare or
didn't have enough guidance to get rid of it by using Linux.

The biggest issue is can they run the software the want on it. I don't
think my wife is going to use a linux based system until The Sims 2 runs
on it.

I don't play too much but Diablo 2 certainly
installs and runs jut fine under Wine for about a year now.
Also, do you remember Loki? The native Linux Heroes III
can be convinced to install on new systems and it runs
just fine even on FC6/x86_64.