Re: info linux on desktop

Lux Zhang <yuanlux <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Hi, I am looking for information on "Linux on desk top",  equivalent to the
"linux on laptop" at http://www.linux-laptop.net/Yuan

You won't find anything. Desktops are too variable. You should find out the
components in your desktop and research them at the links on this post.

http://www.linuxreality.com/podcast/episode-28-linux-friendly-hardware/

I usually just run a live-cd on old desktops and see how that works. Otherwise
I would just buy a desktop from a Linux desktop supplier.