Re: Mirage - best image viewer for Gnome desktop!

El jue, 12-07-2007 a las 19:36 +0100, Steve Searle escribió:
> Around 10:50am on Thursday, July 12, 2007 (UK time), M Daniel R Magarzo scrawled:
>
> > That's because you probably don't know the powerful qiv: qiv is a quick
> > image viewer, I think it's the fastest. Cool! I sometimes use it. It's a
> > CLI.
>
> Have just tried out qiv, which I didn't know about, I think I will
> switch to using it instead of display ImageMagick when I just want to
> have a quick look at a picture (like from mutt).  The 'm' toggle to fit
> an oversized picture to the available window gives it the edge over
> display, I believe.
>
> Steve

I forget to mention the ImageMagick before, I suppose that was because
of the "on the fly", quick "review" that I did.
Nevertheless, I've been using it just this afternoon, true. Off topic,
but I wanted to know the number of different colours that was making a
picture in particular.., in order to obtain that I went to its menu,
sliding down until the "Miscellaneous" tab, into there was the "Info" I
needed. For me it was a tiny, pleasant discovery... I suppose that
probably it can be obtained with the Gimp, but I was unable to achieve
it.
Each one has its own sense.

Daniel