Re: f7 update broke lots of stuff

Ken Dyke wrote:
Hi,

Ran yum update about an hour ago.  First update in about a week.

The frames around windows is missing.  I can't move a window with the
mouse.  I have only one desktop (workspace icon on the task bar is
missing).  In fact, there are no buttons on the taskbar for running
programs....

Went digging around to look for stuff to help describe the problem.
Looked in upgrade.log and found lots of packages with errors that look like the one below:

Upgrading gdm - 1:2.18.0-14.fc7.i386
warning: /etc/gdm/custom.conf created as /etc/gdm/custom.conf.rpmnew
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
I/O error : Attempt to load network entity http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.1.2/docbookx.dtd
/usr/share/gnome/help/gdm/fr/gdm.xml:27: parser error : Entity 'eacute' not defined
    <title>Manuel de configuration de l'&eacute;cran de connexion V&manrevision;
                                                ^
/usr/share/gnome/help/gdm/fr/legal.xml:2: parser error : Entity 'rsquo' not defined
         <para>L&rsquo;utilisateur est libre de copier, distribuer et/ou modifie
                       ^
/usr/share/gnome/help/gdm/fr/legal.xml:2: parser error : Entity 'eacute' not defined
L&rsquo;utilisateur est libre de copier, distribuer et/ou modifier le pr&eacute;
                                                                               ^
/usr/share/gnome/help/gdm/fr/legal.xml:2: parser error : Entity 'eacute' not defined
(GNU Free Documentation License), Version 1.1 ou toute autre version ult&eacute;
                                                                               ^
I just finished the updates for today 11 July 2007 at 5:00PM MDT and nothing has changed on my screen at all. I think you have a problem.

Karl