Re: Problem in running HP 2840 on FC6 with hplip....Desperate!!

On 7/11/07, Jesus Jr M Salvo <jesus.m.salvo@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/07/07, Sanjay Arora <sanjay.k.arora@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello all
>
> I just bought a multifunction device HP 2840. I have connected it
> through the network port giving it a static ip address on my private ip
> subnet 192.168.2000/24 FC6 updated till date had HPlip v. 1.7.2-3.fc6
> installed. When I ran hp-setup, it stated that ppd file for the printer
> rot found. I assumed that the driver needed to be updated and since no
> rpm file was available, I used the source file of hplip.2.7.6

You only need at least 0.9.5 for that MFP ( 2840 ), according to this:

http://hplip.sourceforge.net/supported_devices/color_laser_mfp.html

So why did you not just use the RPMs for FC6, which was 1.7.2 as you said ?

As I said, during hp-setup it stated that it did not have the ppd file
for the printer and I naturally assumed that I need to upgrade the
driver. Didn't notice the minimum driver requirements at the page.

So if I install the rpm driver version 1.7.2 back, where do I get the
ppd file for hp 2840?
FWIW, I just bought an HP Photosmart C3180, and everything worked out
of the box ( printer, scanning, card reader ), although only USB and
not JetDirect.
Wish I had been that lucky ;-)

With regards.
Sanjay.