Re: fc7 should be f7

on 7/10/2007 7:34 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 19:18 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> Distribution is officially called Fedora 7. So if there is any mistake
>> in calling it f7 that lies solely with the users.
>
> The simple way to avoid that issue would be for the distribution
> documentation (website, and what comes with it), to refer to itself
> using its full name and preferred abbrevation, close to the start.  That
> helps prevent /usrs ;-) from developing their own nicknames for it.
>
> Having people refer to it as F7 is bad enough, having different people
> call it FC7 and F7 is worse, again.

You do know that Rahul is probably going to come back with many, there are
almost too many to count, examples of this.

He is a class guy and there might just be only a few references to Fedora
7 instead of FC-7 changes as a name for Moonshine from him. Along with a
complete explanation, maybe, of the name change. But this is not news.

Those of us the have followed Fedora for some time already know this and
why this change was made.

My dad always told me that to succeed in life  you have to be smarter than
the tools that you are using or what you are doing with those tools. Take
that anyway as you wish.

Have a nice day.
--

  David