system mail

When I installed FC6, I recall it asking "Do you want to receive system
mail?" I answered 'yes'. But, I never saw any messages from the system
(figuring that there'd be pop-ups).

So, I figure that I'm missing important system info. How do I access it?
Also, I hope that there's a gui, or that it can work with the gui (for
me, it's gnome).

Does this have anything to do with the system log (which I'm familiar
with)? I'm sure that I'm not taking advantage of its features.