Re: Problems with WPA2/AES and Broadcom BCM4318 (AirForce One 54g)

Robert Scheck wrote:
Good evening folks,

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007, Robert Scheck wrote:
Looks like proto "WPA2" isn't supported which seems to be the reason that
my WPA2/AES setup doesn't work. Using Windows XP the stuff works...so does
anybody of you have an idea to get WPA2/AES working at Fedora, too?

Oh and WLAN without any encryption works, of course.

Ush. It took me hours to get WLAN working with a secure setup at Fedora -
it took me minutes to get the equivalent secure setup working at a Windows
system...something goes wrong here. And you can be sure, the next guy
telling me "You just have to do XYZ to get your WLAN working" will get
slapped personally until he cries :)

Not much consolation, but this is probably because WPA2 is not
widely used yet.  If you could worry the NM and ndiswrapper
people a bit it might help prevent this happening to anyone else.
FWIW WPA(1) works better here than unencrypted (unsurprisingly that
appears to be a NetworkManager bug).

--
imalone