Re: USB headset works in Ubuntu but not Fedora

Aaron Konstam wrote:
On Tue, 2007-07-10 at 18:55 +0000, Iain Cheyne wrote:
I am trying to transition to Fedora 7, and so far it's been easy, but I can't
get my new USB headset's mike working in Skype.

It's a Plantronics .Audio 500 USB.

Both "less /proc/asound/cards" and "less /proc/asound/devices" show that it is
detected fine.

I can get the headphones to work by setting the usb devices in the Skype
settings, but not the mike. I used the same config in Ubuntu Feisty and it
worked perfectly.

Any ideas?

--
Iain
One more thing there was a extensive discussion on getting Skype and a

First I have a Bug in for the Alsa Mixer. Here is how I get it working but first let me say my headset is attached to the sound card. To see your mixer click on System Preferances Personal and at the bottom Volume Control.

Now click on File Change device and if you have another change to that. Find the Micophone and by default it is turned OFF. Clear that and your mike will work. On Skype I am K5DIUSA

Karl