Re: Whatever happened to Fedora Bluetooth?

Timothy Murphy wrote:
Has Fedora ceased to support Bluetooth?

There does not seem to be any bluez-pin ,
so how is one meant to send the Bluetooth pin to another device?

What happened to hcidump ?

Kdebluetooth seems to have disappeared ...

Is anyone actually using Bluetooth with KDE/Fedora ?

Just a user here, and no expert.
The new versions puts an icon on the Gnome task bar from which most simple user requirements are met. Very slick!

Also, the basic config file structure is still intact for custom configurations, such as required for Dial Up Networking (DUN) over bluetooth.

With DUN set up and bluetooth running, NetworkManager can connect me to my phone with a single click!

1. added a passcode to /etc/bluetooth/hcid.conf
2. Modified /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf

#
# RFCOMM configuration file.
#

rfcomm0 {
#       # Automatically bind the device at startup
       bind yes;
#
#       # Bluetooth address of the device
       device 00:07:E0:82:XX:XX;
#
#       # RFCOMM channel for the connection
       channel 1;
#
#       # Description of the connection
       comment "Treo 700p Phone";
}

The reason you 'bind' to a specific device is for reliability in creating the connection. This limits my DUN to a single device. Other types of Bluetooth activity that do not use the rfcomm interface are not affected.

3. use system-config-network to set up the dialup connection with /dev/rfcomm0 as the modem device.

All set! Works like a champ, and NetworkManager will now offer this dial up connection as an option.

Good luck!