Re: fc 7 installation problems

ti479 wrote:
hi, i am new to this forum and to linux in general. i tried installing
fc7 on my dell 1505 laptop from a boot dvd. installation goes fine,
disk has no errors yet when i reboot the splash screen comes up i hit
load and i go to a screen thats says ok.....uncompressing linux and it
wont go any further. i used the program to erase and partion my drive.
i tried to run a resuce and it wont work. can anyone help me out or
tell me why it is doing this?
scott
ti479@xxxxxxxxx [1]

Links:
------
[1] mailto:ti479@xxxxxxxxx

The F7 DVD can be run in the Rescue Mode. Since you loaded the F7 first time with this DVD it should work. Strange problem you have. When you put the DVD back in your laptop plaese boot up in the rescue mode and when it ask's you to test the DVD do it, if you have not already done so. Then when it comes up to a prompt, type top. It should tell you how much Ram you have and that should be more than 500 KB.

If you have a good DVD and enough RAM, F7 should load well.

Karl