Re: postfix failing

On Mon, 9 Jul 2007, Scott Berry wrote:

Hello there,

I am still trying to set up mailman but my postfix is failing and I looked under /var/logs with no luck. Where does Postfix hold it logs and also where do I look for a failure. I looked in the main.cf and the aliases to make sure they were okay it looks good. Here are my postfil maqin.cf and my aliass files.

Look in /var/log/maillog. Postfix dumps its errors in the mail log, not in the system log. (Yes, it is weird and annoying. Not my fault.) If you have greylisting or some other component not coming up, postfix will not work, but still act like it is there.

--
"ANSI C says access to the padding fields of a struct is undefined.
ANSI C also says that struct assignment is a memcpy. Therefore struct