Re: F7 dhcpd upgrade bug? dhcpd did not restart on upgrade.

Karl Larsen wrote:
Charles Curley wrote:
Yesterday I upgraded my F7 box's dhcp server to dhcp.i386
12:3.0.5-37.fc7. The older version was running at the time I did the
upgrade (the log shows activity 26 minutes before the upgrade). I
found out this morning that it never restarted after the upgrade. The
daemon was down, clients were using another server on the net, and the
log shows no activity in the interval.

Is this a bug? Is there any way to recover the output generated when
RPM upgraded the package to see what, if any, error messages were
produced?

There was no reason for your computer to have done anything different after the update was received. The upgraded kernel is called a new version and you will boot from it AFTER a Reboot of any sort.

Since you did see no activity I suspect something else happened and you need to find out what that was.

Karl

Sorry I said kernel not DHCPD demon which if not running would stop my ability to do any Internet traffic. In fact my Internet is still working. I checked and DHCPD is NOT running.

Karl