Re: gnome - how to unmount cd/dvd ?

On Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:46:14 +0200
Valent Turkovic <valent.turkovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-07-09 at 09:04 +0200, Stijn Hoop wrote:
> >
> > Hmm, strange. On FC6 for me K3b doesn't complain when it is mounted
> > already, I can just burn it (probably it automatically unmounts
> > it?).
> >
> > Are you sure you need to unmount it manually?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > --Stijn
>
> Yes, because k3b doesn't have privileges to unmount it and I don't
> have it as an option on desktop icon when I right click on it.
>
> K3b needs to unmount the dvd to erase it and then burn it.

OK, I tried it also and K3b indeed complains about not having rights to
unmount the DVD. This is however clearly bogus as the user is able to
unmount and then eject the DVD by using the desktop menu. Unfortunately
I don't know how to add an unmount option to the menu, but I think the
right fix in this case is to teach k3b how to unmount the CD using hal.

Regards,

--Stijn