Re: Email SMTP Sending

CH wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> This is a weird problem I am having.
>
> Software used:
> Qmail, Qmail-Scanner, courierIMAP
> O/S = Fedora 5
> Virtual Domains
>
> I can send email from my own network from my email client just fine. But
> when I try setup the email client from outsite my network, I get this:
> [ERROR]
> The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected
> by the server. The rejected e-mail address was 'email@xxxxxxxxxxx'.
> Subject 'Test', Account: 'BW(Lists)', Server: 'mail.example.com',
> Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Dynamic IP Addresses See:
> http://www.sorbs.net/lookup.shtml?xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', Port: 25, Secure(SSL):
> No, Server Error:
> 451, Error Number: 0x800CCC79
> [/ERROR]
>
> Also, when I use SquirrelMail it also works out of my network.
>
> Now, I have static IP on my mail server, so this weird.
>
> Hopefully I explained this right. If anyone has any questions please let
> me know.
>
> Thanks,
> Will W.

If I understand the problem correctly, then what you are running
into is that your mail server is rejecting mail from the remote
program because of the anti-SPAM rules you have set up on your
server. Specifically, the address of your remote mail client is a
dynamic IP address, and Qmail is set to reject connections from
dynamic addresses. Even if you disable this filter, you will
probably run into problems with the normal anti-relaying rules that
prevent your server from being an open relay. You will need to set
up some kind of authorization for remote clients to let them relay
through your mail server. I would check the Qmail documentation, and
try the Qmail mailing list if you need help.

Mikkel