problem with sound card configuration

Hi,
             I installed FC7 on my system and have problem wih the sound card. it was working fine the day i installd fc7 but after sometime it stopped working.
  my sound card model is AC'97
if i try reload the driver it says restart ur box which i tried several times but hasnt workd even a single time..
Can someone guide me how to reconfigure sound card

--
Regards
Rahul