Re: Connecting an extra computer to Internet

William Case wrote:

I have a Motorola Cable modem supplied to me by my cable company.  One
end is connected to a fork or splitter on the incoming cable.  Next I
have a cheap AOpen router ($20 - $25 US or CAD$) which can take four
computer installations connected by a RJ45 line.  By luck this house was
purchased with lines from every room.  That means the router can handle
anything up to 100 feet away.  Buy as long a RJ45 line as you think you
will need.

RJ45 is actually a connector type but what is more significant is the wire type. You need cat 5 wire for 100M connections and they can be up to 100 meters long.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category_5_cable

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell@xxxxxxxxx