Re: NetworkManager things

Tim wrote:
On Wed, 2007-07-04 at 15:43 -0600, Karl Larsen wrote:
Then I used chkconfig NetworkManager on and then checked it:

[root@localhost init.d]# chkconfig NetworkManager on
[root@localhost init.d]# ./NetworkManager status
NetworkManager is stopped

This must mean that the application is still stopped BUT it will be started with the next boot. Confusing.

Not really.  The hint is in the name (check config).  You're checking or
changing a *configuration*.  If you want to do something else, like
start and stop the service it configures, that's something *else*.

You *might* *also* want to look into the "service" command.

e.g. service httpd start

As expected the NetworManager is in the kernel after the boot. The chkconfig filename on is a "works every time" device. For some reason if you do it to the actual file in /etc/rc.d/init.d/ it no longer works. I tried ./filename start and that turns it on now but only once.

   Now to take it out of this computer.

Karl