Re: CNN video

on 7/4/2007 5:16 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:
> On Wednesday 04 July 2007, David Boles wrote:
>> on 7/4/2007 2:45 PM, Gene Heskett wrote:

>>> Yes, I was aware of that, and mine doesn't have such a line.  I also have
>>> to type it in the address bar , as its not in the help pulldown like it
>>> used to be.
>>>
>>> Thanks

>> Really? Not that I don't believe you but mine does. Firefox 2.0.0.4-2.fc8.
>>
>> Edit > Preferences > Content > (near the bottom - File Types) > Manage
>>
>> You know that you can add that line if it does not exist?
>
> How?
>
> Thanks

Sure. But you really should already have this line. First try the 'Filter'
line and don't be so specific. Just enter plugins.

Complete instructions that you might not need all of here. Just complete
encase someone else wants to know.

Open Firefox

type about:config in the URL line (were the site URLs go)

press <enter>

right click on the screen of config options (I click on a bare spot)

look at the popup menu and click on 'new'

highlight boolean and click on it

type   browser.download.hide_plugins_without_extensions in the popup

click the 'ok' button

highlight   false   and click 'ok' button.

I do *not* know if you have to close and reopen Firefox but I do.

BTW   A double left click on an already existing line will toggle it or
offer you to enter a choice.

Let us know how you make out.
--

  David