Re: some help with document root for mailman lists

Andy and Todd,

Great help but one question for you Todd the redirect doesn't work quite right when going from http://lists.pilotalk.com it brings up my web site rather than the mailman lists. Other than that everything went sweet. I actually combined Andy[s and Todd's virtual hosts in to one to get the best of both worlds and meet all the requirements for Mailman and this seems to be the only line that does not work. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Green" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "For users of Fedora" <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, July 04, 2007 4:48 PM
Subject: Re: some help with document root for mailman lists

Frank Cox wrote:
On Wed, 04 Jul 2007 16:18:06 -0500
Scott Berry <sberry@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am trying to create "lists.pilotalk.com" for myh mailman mailing lists.
Would some one either be kind enough to send me a copy of their apache
configuration file to look at so I can see how you tell the "VirtualHost" in
Apache where the document root is for mailman please?

<VirtualHost *:80>
DocumentRoot /home/www
</Virtualhost>

<VirtualHost 192.168.0.5:80>
ServerAdmin webmaster@xxxxxxxxxxx
DocumentRoot /home/www
ServerName www.example.com
</VirtualHost>

Mailman needs some extra magic inside the VirtualHost block

<VirtualHost whatever.com:80>

ScriptAlias /mailman/ /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/
<Directory /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/>
   AllowOverride None
   Options ExecCGI
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

Alias /pipermail/ /var/lib/mailman/archives/public/
<Directory /var/lib/mailman/archives/public>
   Options Indexes MultiViews FollowSymLinks
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>